A friend of mine wanted to get rid of her old bakers rack in her kitchen corner and replace it with the idea of a coffee bar!
So the hunt was on. I needed a cabinet that was waist high, and preferably cupboards for storage. Lucky strike, I found one days later at a yard sale!
I taped the legs, because the brass colored leg casings were pretty neat. And we decided to keep the top the original wood look.
Sanded and Primed. As I've said I think using the spray Primer is faster and easier.
And of course living in Nebraska, the weather was pretty chilly. So the project got moved inside the house. I applied 4 coats of the green paint.
Oops, when I took the tape off there were a few boo boo's. But it didn't matter though because we were distressing it anyway.
I then sanded the top and re-stained it. And then sanded/stressed the edges, and then applied stain. I used the wipe the stain on with a rag, and immediately wiped it off method. And you can repeat this step till you get the desired color.
A few coats of Shellac (moved the cabinet outside of course for this step).