Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Betty MJ's Dollar Tree Rag Rug!

A no tie Rag Rug!

 Go ahead and give er a try!


 No Slip underlay, Dollar Tree $1

Pick your fabric(s). She chose 2 different fabrics for this one. They were from WalMart for $1 a yard. ~~Don't choose thick fabric~~



Cut fabric pieces about 3-4 inches long and 1 inch wide


Push your fabric through the underlay and then pull back through


This part is very time consuming. I think she said it took a few evenings to finish it. She just worked away while watching TV at night. 







Less than $5 and you have a really neat rug, couch or chair flare!



I kinda like it sitting on the back of the couch instead of the floor.....thoughts?


Thank you Betty MJ!!! I love it! 
 
 



10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Judy!!! My cousin's idea!! She does alot of fun stuff, I just wish she would take more pics of the process. LOL

      Shelly

      Delete
  2. I love this!! Thank you so much for sharing....I've actually been look for a DIY rug for my daughter's room and think this one would be perfect! I do have one quick question, though - about how many yards of fabric did you use for your rug? I just don't want to over/under buy! THANK YOU!!!
    -Jade {sweetbabymasonjames@gmail.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the late response... No idea why I just seen this. I believe it was a yard each! Again I apologize for not responding till now. Thanks for checking it out!

      Delete
  3. Hi There!! I love this idea! Thank you so much for sharing! I have been looking for a DIY rug for my daughter's room and I think this one is it! I do have one question, though - about how many yards of fabric did you use? I just don't want to over/under buy! THANK YOU!

    -Jade {sweetbabymasonjames@gmail.com}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly....
    Neat idea.... But here is a thought..... how about making something like this into a wall hanging? In a frame or not. I bet you can make it pretty awesome! Just a thought. Nancy (spirits13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late response. No idea why I just seen this comment. I think you have a great idea!!! That would be pretty neat with a unique frame! Thanks for checking it out!! Again I apologize.

      Delete
  5. So each piece of fabric isn't knotted? Just pulled through?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't knotted but I would if I made another one. There have been pieces that have came out. I think knotting them would make it last a lot longer! Thanks for checking out Betty MJ's rug!!

      Delete
  6. This is too cute! I'm really going to try this one for a kids room, but on a larger scale! Thanks for sharing!

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete