Sunday, September 14, 2014

Re-Purposed Antique Locks

I bet you have seen these old door locks at flea markets and wondered what you could do with them.
Well, I've got an easy 10 min project for you!!


First I had to clean them. Years of dust and dirt, so I just let em soak for a bit. I then used some dish soap and steel wool to shine them up a little!
I then grabbed a small piece of scrap wood that I had around, and screwed the lock to the piece of wood.

 For the magnet.
 I glued a small magnet to an old earring!
And that's it!!



Easy enough HUH?!!

7 comments:

  1. Soooo clever! Adore how they turned out. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius!!! Love it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is super cool Shelly - so creative! BTW I love your business slogan "let me re-funk your junk"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your motto. Let me refunk your junk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how these turned out Shelly. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. I've never seen these at thrift stores, but I'm going to keep my eyes open now.

    ReplyDelete