Friday, December 26, 2014

Junky Door Up-Cycle



I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with their friends and family! The holidays make me realize how truly thankful I am for the people and blessings I have in my life.

Today I wanted to share a project up-cycle with you that could be used for all year round decor. 

I found this old door that was most likely a closet or pantry door that had seen better days. It has been in my garage for awhile, and I have even used it on sawhorses for a make shift table to work on.


I added some angled lattice boards to make it look like a barn door. Sorry I didn't take a picture of this before I painted (project fail).
For the paint, I used Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint!


I purchased a hook at my local hardware store and screwed it to the top. This way you can switch out decor to match your home or seasonal decorations.


For the winter decor I used some greenery, bendy ruler thingy(my fun name for it haha), and some rustic bells. 
I hot glued the ruler joints to keep it in the star shape. And then bend your greenery around it to keep it in place. 



When the holiday season it over take it off and store it away till next year.

Imagine the possibilities for the seasonal decor you can hang from this..? 
Americana flag..
bright yellow wood flower for the spring..
Lots of ideas!! 

Shared on:
Funkyjunkinteriors
DIY Sunday Showcase

No comments:

Post a Comment