Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Funky Junky Table Upcycle

Featured on:



About a month ago I went to my grandmas house for a long weekend. When I go I always try and help grams out with whatever she may need done around the house. Since my grandpa died, she isn't able to get as much as she wants done physically.
While I was there this trip, we spray painted her iron patio set, shopped a little, and even planted some flowers. 
We were doing a little organizing, there was this table she wanted me to have. She no longer had room for it and knew I could do something with it. It had been one of those things that ended up in the garage collecting dust. 


Over the last month I have been brainstorming as to what I could do with it.. 
It came to me last week while I was wondering around my garage looking for my next project.

So I gathered up all my license plates, yard sticks and some lattice boards.



Next step was to stain and seal.


I have been collecting yardsticks for awhile now. I have no idea why...but I just knew there would be a project that would be perfect for them. And well this was that project!!



And now here ya have it!!!!!



This is by far one of my favorite projects I have done!!!

shared on:

12 comments:

  1. I love it! It would look great in my living room as a sofa table. I just shared my dark teal dining set diy. Glad to know I am not the only one who loves color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Color is what makes anything unique! I just wish everyone wasn't so afraid of it. Thanks for checking it out!!!

      Delete
  2. I love it too! I too collect yardsticks and am always on the lookout for license plates but seldom have any luck...Where have you found so many nice, colorful ones? You should be very proud of this one...It would be perfect for Hometalk....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooke! I find these at flea markets, and garage sales. Usually one at a time but they have slowly piled up!

      Delete
  3. so cute you did a great job love all the pop of color on it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE what you did to this little table! Grandma was right... this was meant for you! Featured this weekend on Party Junk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this! Pinned. In fact, I loved it so much that I will be featuring it our party on Monday. Happy dance time! I hope you will join us. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete