Monday, April 20, 2015

Make a Shelf from Old Shutters



Happy Monday!

I finally had a moment to get this post together, it's only taken a week. Sheesh!
Between 2 jobs and having a booth at 2 craft shows here recently, time to sit has come few and far between. So again thank you for bearing with me!

Here is a shutter shelf that was custom ordered for a surprise Anniversary gift. 
There was a teal shelf I had redone about a year ago, and my girlfriend wanted it. But it was sold and gone before she could blink. 
Well...her hubby got a hold of me months later and asked for me to keep my eye out for a similar shelf. But unfortunately I wasn't able to find one.

So I thought, Why not build one??!!

First I took 2 old shutter and cut them so they were the same size and look. Then attached wood pieces for the shelf supports.


Once I attached all shelving boards, I decided to use some lattice boards for the top. I then stained, and sealed the lattice board top.


To give it a little more finished look I decided to use some old interior wood trim that I had acquired through a friends home renovation.





And here it is! 
She was one surprised happy wife, that's for sure!!




5 comments:

  1. Great idea! Love the shutters , and it looks so substantial with the trim.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very talented lady, for sure! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trim and the color give your beautiful shelves character!! I love them!! Perfect spot for family photos.
    Julie @ Love My Simple Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you sound like a busy girl Shelly! What an awesome repurpose of old shutters - love it!
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete