Thursday, January 22, 2015

Rusty RePurposed Wagon



A couple months ago I went to my first farm auction. And BOY-O-BOY was I in heaven! What a rush to bid against others.
There were 2-3 auctions going on at the same time all day long. This farm was the "junkyard" of all farms. The locals would come to this place to get a part or material instead of going to the store. So imagine all the awesome junk that was around. 

I came home with a truck load!
Aww...my love for rust!

One of the "lots" I won that day included 2 old wagons. I had seen a few ideas before and stored them in my Rolodex of a brain. So I knew I had to jump on this bid war.
I had an old sewing machine base just laying outside my garage just waiting for the right top. 
And my son just happened to get a welder for Christmas, and was eager to use it! 
Oh the possibilities!
Little did he know that I had the project already ready! 
So this was his first project.


My son asked his friend, my "other son" to come over and jump in on this project!


So I had both of my boys and my "other son" all working on moms project! 
They must love me! Or they just wanted to play with the new garage "toy"!


How awesome is this??!!


 I painted the inside of it black, just to give it a cleaner look. 

You can use this for so many different ideas...planter, hold drinks for a patio party, sofa or entryway table.. endless possibilities!

Rust Perfection!
What would you do with this??

shared on:
Funkyjunkinteriors

6 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I have both pieces waiting in my garage; just need the assistance of my neighbors for the welding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what a GREAT idea! So cool. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the combination. The "weight" of the two pieces is balanced and complementary. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete