Monday, April 29, 2013

The Good Life: Front Porch View (Link-Up #2)



The Good Life: Front Porch View (Link-Up #2)


OK I admit I'm jealous of everyones views!! What I wouldn't give to live in the country.

Until then.....

Our little cracker jack fixer' upper house!


My husband bought this house a few years before the kids and I came along. It was perfect for him and his dog. But since we have moved in, one room at a time has been remodeled. If it was up to him we would sell and buy a much needed bigger home. But I feel safe here. And that's a pretty important thing as a mom. And plus why not wait till I can really get what I want and thats a house in the country!


I can't wait to plant the annuals, but it still gets pretty chilly some days yet. But my hostas are really starting to take off! It all looks so bare until all the yard pretties are out. 

Eventually there will be a deck on the front, but one project at a time.


And this is in my back yard. I found this screen door dumpster diving. (Yes I said it!)LOL I added a few things to it and it sits right off our patio in the back yard. 

Maybe I will post pictures up later in the season when everything is in full bloom. Because then I am proud to show my little yard off!

Thanks for looking!

Shelly
Bellevue, Ne



10 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly!!!
    Noticed you're a new follower - so came by to return the favor :)
    Your house looks lovely - I'm considering a move to the country ( ish ) after 54 years of right in the heart of the city dwelling!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think its a matter of convincing the "other half" to move outside of town.... LOL

      Shelly

      Delete
  2. Love your screen door out back!!!!
    You have an adorable home! We had a cracker jack in town before moving to the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, its deff small but its home! Hopefully someday I will get that house outside of town! fingers-crossed!

      Thanks Shelly

      Delete
  3. Love all the yard art! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That screen door was a perfect find, who would want to throw that gem away!? FOOLS! Also, love the flower, looks like an old table post stump? Did you make it? I'm wishing I was that crafty!! Thanks for linking up go to my sponsor page and enter "NBC" to get a Tractor Sized Ad Space (middle one) FREE! Stick around and link up soon again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't make the flower. I actually found this guy that upcycles old wood and makes them. And I believe the post is a spindle and then on the back it has a solar light. They are to cute and I actually have a couple of them. Yeah I love my screen door. The day I found it was a cold rainy day and I told my boys hop out and snatch that door. Needless to say they were not very happy. LOL

      Shelly

      Delete