Thursday, April 18, 2013

What a little FLARE can do!

I bought this lamp at the Dollar General store. For the shade and base, it was a total of $12.

But of course I couldn't leave it at that. I had to add some flare! I remembered making all the little fabric flowers for our wedding (that I found how to make on Pinterest). And thought, hey those would look good on this shade! 



$7 lamp base and $5 shade


The fabric flowers I made for the groom and groomsmen. 


Hot glued them to the shade and BAM!


The flowers were then hot glued on the shade. And to add the brooch look in the middle. These are actually buttons that you can buy at Walmart in the craft section for $2.


Sometimes just a little flare on a not so expensive item can make a difference!

OOps, don't look at the crook-ed pic in the hall, LOL







13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes its the little things.

      Shelly

      Delete
  2. From boring to gorgeous :)

    I would like to invite you to share your creations to
    Pin It Monday Hop (LINK). We'd love to have you in the hop. I hope to see you there :D

    Judy
    pursuitoffunctionalhome.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS FOR THE INVITE! I'm headed that way!

      Shelly

      Delete
  3. Very cute! I love when I can find "treasures" at the dollar store and spice them up myself! I popped over from Project Inspire{d}--thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I love finding stuff cheap and blingin it up!

      Shelly

      Delete
  4. Cute flowers! I love those...they add a great touch to the lamp!
    Thanks for sharing on the party this week! (Project Inspire{d})
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for hosting such a great party!

      Shelly

      Delete
  5. Thank you! Simple is better sometimes!

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the light and lampshade turned out. You did such a great job. I really like your decor, love that zebra chair too! Beautiful post.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete